Saturday, May 23, 2009

A man, an old woman, and her cat.

I went for a walk about a half hour ago. Nothing big, just up the street so I could get a view of down town at this hour. On the way I noticed a light coming from my neighbors home, it lit up their living room and made them visible. I've never spoken to them, but they seem chill. I like the idea of grown ups being up that late. There was a man in the kitchen talking to a very old women in the living room, she had a cat on her lap and a television in front of her. They would occasionally laugh.

With time the television disappeared, along with the unused furniture and everything else. There were no electronics, there was no painting on the wall. There was no panic disorder, there was no shaking, there was no worry. There was just a man, an old woman, and her cat. As the laughter settled, so did my stomach.

Before it could continue I pulled myself away from the scene and continued walking, assuring myself that this town isn't all bad.

1 comments:

nick's mannequin said...

Agreed. I wish life was as anxious free as what you saw.
=]